A strong platform that manages employee experiences and streamlines workflows is Microsoft Viva. But not every organisation wants to utilise this tool, and for a variety of reasons, some may need to turn it off. We will walk you through the process of how to turn off Microsoft Viva in this article.
Table of Contents
Understanding Microsoft Viva
Let’s first examine Microsoft Viva to see what it is and why some organisations might want to disable it before we get into how to do it. Microsoft Viva is a platform that integrates with Microsoft Teams to provide various services that enhance employee experience. These services include:
- Insights: Gives managers and team leaders data-driven insights to see how their teams are operating and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Topics: Enables employees to find information and experts on various topics related to their work.
- Learning: Provides access to training resources and personalized learning plans.
- Connections: Helps employees build relationships with their colleagues and stay connected with the wider organization.
While Microsoft Viva can be useful for some organizations, others may prefer not to use it for various reasons. They might already have other technologies in place that offer comparable services, or they might choose to keep using their current workflows rather than adopting a new platform.
How to Turn Off Microsoft Viva
Now that we understand why some organizations may want to turn off Microsoft Viva, let’s go through the process step by step.
Step 1: Access Microsoft Teams Admin Center
The first step is to access the Microsoft Teams Admin Center and you can do it by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Teams Admin Center website (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/).
- Sign in with your admin credentials.
- Click on the “MS Teams” icon on the left-hand menu.
Step 2: Disable Microsoft Viva
Once you have accessed the Microsoft Teams Admin Center, you can disable Microsoft Viva by following these steps:
- Click on “Teams apps” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Setup policies.”
- Select the policy that you want to edit (e.g., the Global policy).
- Scroll down to the “Third-party apps” section.
- Turn off the switch for “Viva Insights” and “Viva Topics” viva.
- Click on “Save” to save your changes.
Step 3: Verify Microsoft Viva is Disabled
To verify that Microsoft Viva is disabled, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams as an end-user.
- Click on the three dots on the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Apps.”
- If Microsoft Viva is no longer visible, it has been successfully disabled.
In conclusion, Microsoft Viva may not be the best option for every business, but it may be a great tool for improving employee satisfaction and optimizing procedures.
If you need to turn off Microsoft Viva, it’s a straightforward process that can be done through the Microsoft Teams Admin Centre. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly disable Microsoft Viva and maintain your existing workflows..